The easiest way to find a Tampa Bay business for sale is:
- Work with me to find a Business
- Search 4000+ businesses for sale on Brokers Multiple Listing site
- Find a business for sale on the internet ( see warning below **)
10 years ago, the best way to find a business, besides working directly with a broker, was to find it in your local Sunday paper. With the advent of the internet, there are plenty of websites where you can find Tampa Bay businesses for sale in Florida. Use this link – Business Search to search over 4000 active listings in Florida. Registering for our free Buyer Registration program will automatically notify you every Monday morning of any new listing based on your criteria.
Three of the most popular sites are:
** Important Note
There is something you need to know about looking for a business for sale in Florida.
Get your own broker acting as a “buyers broker” to represent only you.
Florida real estate law says a listing broker is supposed to represent BOTH parties – buyer and seller – Do you see a possible conflict? You must have a broker only representing you.
Here’s what you need to know:
Any ad you find on the internet will be represented by the listing broker, who paid for the Ad, and if you contact him – you will be required to sign off on an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) before he will release any information about the business. Although the main purpose of an NDA is to stress confidentiality to the buyer regarding any information supplied by the broker – the second thing it does is to register you as his buyer.
That’s not good for you
You have the right to select a broker to represent you exclusively as a buyer’s broker.
If that makes sense and you’d like me to represent you as your buyer’s broker – contact me.
Here’s a list of what to do when you’ve found a business for sale on the internet. It will allow me to gather the information for you.
Gather the information about the business from the ad – to include:
- Name of the website (i.e.- bizbuysell.com)
- Type of business (i.e. – pizza place, auto shop, florist etc.)
- List price of business
- Location (generally identified by town/county)
- Ad Number (will identify the Ad)
- Copy of ad or URL link (if possible)
Be Aware – some sneaky brokers will only allow you to contact them via email – if they don’t provide their name and phone number – simply identify the Ad with the information from the above list and I will contact them in your behalf. If you email him – it registers you as his buyer – preventing me from working with you on your behalf. Many a buyer has been dissatisfied with a listing broker when they felt there was a conflict of interest. Don’t let that happen to you –get your own broker.
There are 8 good reasons for getting your own broker:
- I will get you a better price than you can get on your own.
- I can find a business that qualifies for seller financing.
- I can find a business that qualifies for SBA financing.
- I can usually convince a seller to offer seller financing – even if they want all cash
- I will be able to get more information than you can on your own.
- I will be able to negotiate better terms than you can.
- I will protect you during due diligence.
- I will represent you at closing.
My services are FREE – the seller pays all broker fees!
Contact me now 727-946-1183